Top 5 Travel workouts with access to a hotel gym
Last week I sent you 5 CrossFit workouts in 20 minutes or less that can be done without access to a gym.
As promised, this week we have 5 fresh workouts that can be done with access to a gym.
Remember to always warm up and stretch out!
Have a great holiday weekend!
Warm up: 50 jumping jacks, 50 high knees, 10 squats, 10 pushups.
Cool down: 30 second pigeon stretch each leg, 30 second hamstring stretch, 30 second wall stretch each leg.
- 21 Thrusters, 21 pull-ups or lat pull downs, 15 thrusters, 15 pull-ups/lat pull downs, 9 thrusters, 9 pull ups/lat pull downs. Short and sweet. Pick a pair of moderately heavy dumbbells. Example, 35s for men and 20s for women, but scale the weight according to your own strength levels. Bring the weights to your shoulders and drop all the way into a full squat. As you drive out of the squat press the weights all the up until your arms are straight. After you get through 21 reps, move on to either pull ups or lat pull downs on the machine depending on your strength levels and whats available at the gym. After 21 pull-up/lat pull downs go right back to thrusters for 15 then pullup/lat pulls for 15. So on and so forth down to 9 and 9.
- 5 rounds for time: 1/4 mile run on the treadmill, 15 dumbbell deadlifts, 15 Pushups. After your quarter mile run grab some moderate to heavy dumbbells. With a straight back push you butt towards the wall behind you as you hinge over at the waist with a slight bend in your knees. Once you dumbbells get below your knees come back to a standing positions. Repeat 15 times. Then, in a push up position keep your butt flexed and core engaged as you lower yourself into a pushup with you elbows pointing back for 15 reps. Do knee pushups if your form is going to shit with standard ones.
- 20 minutes, as many rounds as possible of: 16 sit ups, 12 lunges to over head press, 8 bent over row or seated machine rows. After your sit ups grab a pair of moderate weight dumbbells and bring them up to your shoulders. From there, step into a lunge and push yourself back to standing. From there press the dumbbells over your head until your arms are straight. Alternate legs each time. After you finish 12 lunges to press lean all the way over at the waist with flat back, slight bend in your knees and row the dumbbells up to you waist like theres a string pulling your elbow up to the ceiling.
- 15 minute EMOM (every minute on the minute) Min 1. 15 box/bench jumps, Min 2. 15 goblet squats, min 3. 15 pushups. Set the clock for 15 minutes. On minute one perform 15 box or bench jumps as fast as possible. Rest the remainder of the minute. Exactly on minute 2 grab a moderately heavy dumbbell and hold it evenly with both hands to your chest and perform 15 full depth squats as fast as possible. Rest the remainder of the minute. Exactly on minute 3 perform 15 pushups as fast as possible. Rest the remainder of the minute. Repeat this circuit 5 times for a total of 15 minutes.
- For time: 25 pull-ups/lat pull downs, 50 dumbbell deadlifts, 50 push ups, 50 squats, 50 Dumbbell overhead press, 25 pull-ups/lat pull downs. After your pull-ups or lat pull downs depending on strength level and whats available to you grab some moderate to heavy dumbbells. With a straight back push you butt towards the wall behind you as you hinge over at the waist with a slight bend in your knees. Once your dumbbells get below your knees come back to a standing positions. Repeat 50 times and rest as needed. After your 50 deadlifts, move on to 50 standard or knee push ups depending on your strength level. Once you finish the pushups, go right into 50 air squats bringing your hips below your knees and standing all the way up. Once the pushups are done, grab a slightly lighter pair of dumbbells and bring them up to your shoulders. From there, press them all the way up over your head until your arms are straight and back down to your shoulders for 50 reps. Last but not least, back to pull ups/lat pull downs for 25 more reps and you are done!
Boom! There you have it folks. This time of year consistency is the main priority. You can get back to being epic after the holidays are over.